Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Today was supposed to be a "good day."

I've become aware since my PPD diagnosis that I can usually tell how my day is going to go based on how I feel that morning.  The last several days have been up and down, well, mostly down days.  Saturday, I think it was, I woke up and could feel the tension in my body.  "Today is going to be an angry day" I thought to myself.  And, it was.  I had to fight the urge to jump down Michael's throat on many occasions.  Saturday night, Michael and I were busy taking care of Taryn, who spiked a 105.5 degree fever.  Sunday I was pretty numb; not angry or depressed, just "blah."  I woke up and took Taryn to the urgent care center, based on the recommendations of the nurse the night before, since her fever was still over 104.  We waited for an hour and a half, only to be looked at for 5 minutes and diagnosed with "a cold."  Really?!  A cold?  She had a super high fever, and chills and she FAINTED and you're not even going to do any tests?  I would have felt better with some tests.

I took Taryn home and put her to bed, woke her up every 6 hours to take some medicine and try to get some pedialyte in her.  Oh yeah.  Pedialyte.  That reminds me.  We needed pedialyte, so I took the twins to Walmart to get some, among other things.  ON A SUNDAY.  Who does that?  Not me, ever again.

Monday I woke up to realize that it was going to be a depressive day, and it was.  I took care of the babies just fine, but all that I wanted to do was sleep, or crash out in front of the TV.  Today though, today was posed to be a good day.  I woke up in the morning refreshed and energetic.  I played with the twins (lots of smiles), took Taryn shopping, had lunch at Chick-Fil-A, and let Taryn play in the jungle gym.  Taryn took a nap, I fed, bathed, played with the twins again, and got them to sleep, did a load of laundry, made dinner, gave Taryn a bath and got her to bed.  Good day, right? 

Except for the call from Michael in the middle of dinner.  He had gone home to take care of the cats, only to find that a pipe burst in the kitchen and the entire house was flooded; so much so that we had a river of water running out of the back of our house into the woods.  Yep.  Today was supposed to be a good day.          

No comments:

Post a Comment